Nate Vickery is a marketing consultant and an online author mostly focused on digital marketing trends and practices for startups and SMBs. He is also the executive editor at Bizzmark Blog and an author on The Next Web.
In 2016, Cyber Monday sales hit the all-time high of $3.45 billion. So, what does this astonishing digit mean for your ecommerce site? To grab a larger share of traffic and sales this year, it’s time to whip your SEO efforts into shape on time.
Here is how.
Track the Right Metrics
The key to boosting your conversion rates on Cyber Monday lies in understanding ecommerce analytics and keeping track of the right metrics. These metrics will give you an invaluable insight into your site’s overall performance and weaknesses so you can take action on time. Some of the most vital metrics are the following:
- On-site search terms are simply keywords the users type into your search box. They tell you what your customers are usually looking for. This way, you will be able to refine your website navigation and search, as well as highlight the products relevant to your customers.
- A conversion rate is a number of visitors that take the desired action on your site. It indicates whether you’re marketing to the right audience, delivering intuitive buying experience, optimizing your site properly, and offering competitive prices and discounts.
Optimize for Mobile Users
Studies show 51% of users make purchases online via mobile, while 90% of retail customers use their phones while shopping to compare prices and search for product reviews. This is why you need to make sure that all holiday deals on your site look good on mobile devices. Deliver an outstanding mobile shopping experience by:
- improving page loading speed
- simplifying your site’s interface
- using legible fonts
- designing compelling CTAs
- creating mobile-friendly contact forms
- making product images easy to expand
Focus on the Most Relevant Deals
During Cyber Monday, online shoppers are looking for massive discounts. This is exactly why you need to put emphasis on your best offers. If your visitors don’t understand how your deals benefit them, they will leave you for your competitors. For instance, you could design a navigation bar, use an authentic hero image or create a pop-up box with your popular products to help users find your best deals easily.
Create Holiday-Themed Content
Once you collect relevant keywords, you need to create some interesting and to-the-point content around them. Apart from holiday-inspired infographics, videos, and articles, one of the most effective types of content is gift guides. Use phrases like “gifts for him/her” or “best gifts for 2016” to create a shareable content, add the links to your most popular products, and promote it via email and social networking channels.
Of course, to make the most of this practice, you should create and share your content on time. Surveys found that, to participate in over 90% of the search traffic, marketers need to post their content at least 45 days in advance.
Keep in mind that the holiday shopping season arrives earlier every year. To stay competitive, you need to prepare properly and propose your Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on time. Hopefully, these SEO tips will help you stand out from your competition, drive more traffic to your site, and boost your sales this season.